Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:35:45 -0800

> Seems to work pretty well. I have M6TT/.85 and shot a roll film in
> closeup
> mode last weekend. The framing of the shots looks pretty much how I
> wanted
> them to be. It really is a pretty amazing piece of gear. I wonder if
> manufacturing
> costs is the reason why Leica no longer makes stuff like this.

Honestly I think that the DR is the best 50 I've ever had.
And the "close-up" capability is really useful. At least for me since I use
to take lots of details...

manufacturing cost ? no, I don't think that's a reason. Our beloved Leica
Solms guys use to manufacture some gear I'd bet more expensive.
Some people assume that putting the eyes on and off kept users away of the
marvelous lens. That sounds good for me.

Regards

Pablo