Subject: Re: [Leica] dirt particles near film plane on m6 (long)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 17:10:42 -0700

I think I would be tempted to accept it as character marks myself. However
the camera is under warranty so, rather than try to fix it yourself, send it
back. Include sample negatives and a detailed explanation so it is easy for
the repair person to zero right in on the problem. If it is a grey camera
with no warranty, then lock the shutter on "B" and try the Q-tip with
alcohol first (careful, do nor get any in the shutter rails). If that fails,
use the tip of a jeweller's screwdriver to remove the offending bits. You
may have to touch up the finish afterwards with a dab of flat black paint.

It is not that big of a deal. Photographers with multiple Ms used to notch
each camera's film gate so that if one camera developed problems they could
quickly find out which one it was.

John Collier