Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HCB and "Faceless"
From: Steve Rowell <steverowell@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:32:12 -0800 (PST)

- --- "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:
<SNIP>

> I don't agree for a nano-second with HCB's attempts to suppress the book
> because I don't want to see anyone suppress any publication, but having
> seen the photos, I can certainly understand why anyone would not want
> them published.
>
> B. D.

I seem to recall reading a quote from HCB, pointing out that celebrity is not necessarily an asset
for a photographer that depends on anonymity. It's difficult to take HCB like photos if people are
coming up to you and saying "Aren't you so-and-so, can I have your autograph?". Anyway, that was
one of the explanations I came across for the desire not to be photographed.

Steve Rowell
Denton, TX