Subject: [Leica] PAW discussion
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:06:08 +0100

Last week we had some discussion here around the topics of PAW,
snapshots etc. I just want to say now that 2001 is coming to an end that
the whole PAW exercise has been a wonderful experience and has given an
ongoing spark to my photography. My own pictures are a chronicle of my
life this year, good, bad and in-between. Very few are vacation shots,
since I did not really have a vacation this year. Even the Octoberfest
shots are really a result of a conveniently arranged client meeting in
Munich ;-)

Regarding feedback, it is of course nice to get kudos from my fellow
LUGgers. But equally rewarding is a long message from Ted Grant
containing a thoughtful and constructive critique and suggestions for
how the picture could be improved. It is very flattering indeed that a
person of his stature takes the time to look over my picture, think
about it, and put fingers to keyboard to express those thoughts. And I
use that feedback--one of my three pictures that has been selected for
the top 100 of this year's FOM2 submissions started life as a PAW
("Summer came to Zurich"), someone made suggestions for improvement,
which I incorporated into the image I submitted to FOM2.

So, to all who look at and comment on my PAWs, a big thank you for
helping improve my photography.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman