Subject: Re: [Leica] B52's over Atlanta or another Sorta A Week submission
From: miss deuteronomy <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:36:11 -0600

don dory:

> I was convinced to donate some wall decor for a charity auction last
> Friday
> and as a courtesy was given tickets to the charity event.  The pictures
> are
> of the B52's which are a very prominent band in the Southeast US.  They
> put

wow, so lucky.  the B-52s make me feel old.  good old, but still old.

and, god, fred schneider is so cool.  he's really aged well--he's 50
this year.  kate pierson looks like she has a few more miles on her, not
that there's anything wrong with that.

we used to have a B-52s-esque band in birmingham called the sugar
lalas.  their shows were just insanely fun.  the first time in my life i
ever got really, really crazy drunk and had a great time was at one of
their shows.  they've disbanded but occasionally they reunite for a fun
show.

> on a fabulous show without a lot of set or lighting, just great good
> music.
> Thanks the Rei and is Halloween pictures I ventured into Delta 3200 in
> Xtol
> 1:3 which I think gave good results.

they look great.  i still haven't found a high-speed combination that i
like.  i don't usually process my own film, and the lab i use can't seem
to get it right with delta 3200.  the best results i've gotten were at
1600 and having the lab process it for 6400.  i shot some a few weeks
ago at 3200 and told the lab to run it at 12,800.  the new person
running film there called me and told me they didn't have development
times for that push in their "kodak DD chemistry."  i told her DD was
ilford, and she tried to insist that it was kodak.  finally she looked
at something and decided i was right.  anyhow, you'd think that  ilford
DD would have a 2-stop push time for delta 3200; i think DD-X does.

i guess i'm going to have to bite the bullet and try me some of that
there XTOL.

running a fuji frontier lab, i've really gotten myself addicted to
T400CN.  (not that there's anything wrong with that; it's a beautiful
film.)  i never liked processing b-w film, and this has given me the
perfect excuse not to do it anymore.

anyhow, the B-52s pics are great.  thanks for sharing.  in your other
folder, i really, really, really love that pic of the little girl in the
fountain.

best,
brad

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

"I helped in the rape of a dozen Central American republics for the
benefit of Wall Street."
	--General Smedley Butler, USMC (ret.), 1931