Subject: Re: [Leica] The Flag without the Dux
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:29:12 -0800

From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 6:05 PM
Subject: [Leica] The Flag without the Dux
> Don Dory asked re: Sonny's Flag and Ducks shot:

as I think  it would make a thought provoking abstract.

> Don, here you go.  It was the first in the series, and the ducks had not
come to stir the ripples up.

> Flag Sans Dux
> http://www.sonc.com/flag.htm
>and for comparison, here's those patriotic Dux again:
>http://www.sonc.com/flag_dux.htm<<<<<<<<<

Hi Sonny,
I have no doubts about the ducks make the picture as they add something that
the just the reflection doesn't have,  "life."  Even if they are ducks.

They also give a perspective one can have a better feeling of the
reflection. I also think the slightly wider angle on the scene itself is a
better composition.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant