Subject: Re: [Leica] SF 20 Flash and M setting
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:56:25 -0700

There is no problem with the flash or camera. The M6TTL will NOT FIRE ANY
flash, regardless if it is connected to either the hot shoe or pc socket, at
speeds above 1/50. Above 1/50, a portion of the film will be blocked by the
second shutter curtain. Only at 1/50 and slower will the whole frame be
exposed to the light of the flash. They designed the camera's chip this way
and the flash ready signal in the viewfinder will disappear above 1/50 to
warn you of your mistake.

Perhaps you need to look into a leaf shuttered camera or one of the newer
cameras with a high speed shutter for your high speed fill flash needs.

John Collier