Subject: [Leica] Point and Shoot
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:53:48 -0600

Hi Robert,
 I have a couple of suggestions. The first would be the Contax T3. It
has a newly designed Zeiss 35mm lens that is reportable fantastic.
It is a bit pricey, but a real jewel. (smaller and lighter than a minilux
for about the same price)

The second would be to replace the T4, apparently Kyrocera discontinued
them but B&H still has them listed as in stock on their site. I have one
and am amazed at the sharpness from that lens. I have never had problems
with it focusing between things, but you do have to remember to prefocus
by holding the exposure release half way down and then recompose before
the exposure.

Finally you might consider the Olympus Stylus Epic, it has a 35mm f2.8
lens and several people on this list have indicated they carry one.
I haven't tired it myself, but I just ordered one last weekend to give to my
8 year old daughter
for Christmas as her first 'real' point and shoot. Seems like a real bargain
for $79.

Regards
Don