Subject: [Leica] How many persions of LHSA cameras were there?
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:07:29 EST

<<Quit it Tom, I'll be grinning all night long thinking about the collectors

not being able to sleep. :-)

John Collier

PS: Who swapped in a 0.58 for you? Some people have said Leica will not sell

them a 0.58 finder for love nor money.

> From: TTAbrahams@aol.com

> John, I have kept the LHSA 0,72/0,85 with their original finders, but I did

> convert my Millenium M6 to 0,58. It was getting beaten up anyway and now is

> somewhat brassy M6 Millenium. I am working on getting the LHSA cameras in
the

> same shape ã takes about 500 rolls and a bag without padding to give the

> right "patina" to these gleaming bodies.

For those with a little patience, it seems that a strong rumor floating about
the Leica Gallery yesterday (at the opening) was that a .58 LHSA camera was
going to be made available for public sale in small numbers.

While I cannot name my source, I do know that it is credible.

bests,
Rich