Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA catalogue and other beefs
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:50:45 -0700

Hi Nathan,

Basic subscription was $50US
Raffle tickets were $35US
Ineffective rush postage for raffle tickets was $10US
Total $95US
Works out to $23.75US per viewfinder.

As I have stated before, the Catalog arrives weeks after it is delivered in
the US. By the time I phone quite a few people are annoyed at all the calls
they are getting on a item that sold long ago. Not fun. I added the raffle
tickets as my name is actually never included in the draw though after they
get back from the AGM they still cheerfully dock my card.

You will be happy to know that the subscription rate went up. Mine to $60US
and yours to $75US.

What should they do? Distribute the Catalog by email or offer a membership
without the Catalog both at a reduced rate. They will send you the Catalog
by email starting next year but NO reduction in membership fees. Please send
out the raffle tickets earlier. I know I do not have a hope in H*** of
winning but at least give me a sporting chance!! What do I have to do,
courier the silly things?

I am not that upset really but I do know that many of the LHSA board members
are on the list and this way they get to see their policies discussed by the
members. A good thing I feel.

Cheers,

John Collier