Subject: Re: [Leica] New RF Buyer...
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:44:12 -0500

on 12/14/01 10:53 PM, John Straus at Mail@SlideOne.com wrote:

> Haha, spotted! Someone hide me from these outside influences!! I will say if
> I was only going to get one lens for the RF to start with a 35mm would be my
> choice but I hope to get 2 lenses in a short period of time one being a CV
> 28mm. So a 35mm is too close, I'd rather have a 50mm, most likely a
> Summicron. Now I've let the cat out of the bag and told you my specific lens
> choices. If I had a choice of 3 I'd be 28, 35, & 75 but that another thread

I'd rethink this. You've got the best body, so get the very best lens - the
28 Summicron. Forget about other lengths for a while. This new 28 is said to
be the sharpest Leica has ever made. Mine stays glued to 0.58 and it's
become my 'normal' lens - my 0.72 body gets either the 35/1.4 ASPH or the
21/2.8 ASPH, the 50, 90, and 135 go on the 0.85, but get little use. If I
had only 1 body and 1 lens it would be the 0.58 with the new 28, no
question. Load me up with HP5+ and I could shoot nothing but this outfit for
a year :)

YMMV

Gilbert