Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:53:12 -0800

Seth asked:
>>I still wonder whether Ted ever uses a 50 Summicron on one of his
> R8s. <<<<<<<

Sorry Seth mon ami,
Missed again! ;-)  The R 50mm 1.4 Summilux! I've never owned a Summicron at
anytime, as my first choice when purchasing Leica glass was, is and always,
fastest first! :-) And I don't believe any fast glass comes in Summicron.
:-)

My choice of buying Leica lenses over the years has always been to purchase
the fastest type available in any focal length I required for my work and I
never thought about anything else.

As you know I'm a true believer in, "if you can see it, you can shoot it!"
But to do that one must have a complete understanding of your equipment, how
to squeeze every bit out of that widest aperture, the film and processing.

And when you work many years in that fashion you pretty well know when you
can do it and when you are trying shoot with one foot in hell and are surely
going to blow it.... so get a flash! ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant