Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:27:12 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:

> on 12/15/01 6:53 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@shaw.ca wrote:
>

> > I don't believe any fast glass comes in Summicron.
> > :-)
> >

> 180?
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> www.wildlightphoto.com
>
> --
I'd call the 28 Summicron Asph "fast glass."
My Nikon 28 way back was a 2.8.

And even with the Nikon could i have shot at F2 if i had the F2?
I'm sure I'd feel MUCH more comfortable stopping down just to make sure
my groundglass was not playing tricks on me.
But the Leica is going to focus VERY precisely at F2 with a 28 and it's
going to be sharp as a tack.
I call that fast glass. And hand holdable at a 15th perhaps.
Fast glass. A low light shooting piece of glass.

When i always thought Leica I thought "Summicron."
but I'm moving up from the 35 Summicron Asph to the Summilux Asph.
What you could not shoot with that lens i don't know!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com