Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:46:15 EST

In a message dated 12/15/01 9:52:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

> Sorry Seth mon ami,
>  Missed again! ;-)  The R 50mm 1.4 Summilux! I've never owned a Summicron at
>  anytime, as my first choice when purchasing Leica glass was, is and always,
>  fastest first! :-)

Good on you, Ted, mon tres cher ami! Clearly fastest first works best for you
and your way of working. Not only can no one quarrel with that, it's hats off
and kudos to you for a peerless lifetime of matchless image-making!

I'm a simple amateur - in both senses of the word - of making pictures. I
have not earned my daily bread making pictures and have made them in
available darkness relatively rarely. So ultimate lens speed hasn't been on
my alleged mind.

I leave the Noctilux thread now with this remark: never having used a
Noctilux, I shall make an effort to obtain and use one at some near point. I
doubt that I shall own one for reasons of cost and the likelihood that I will
not to use it regularly. But I could be wrong!

Seth             LaK 9

Replies: Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm)