Subject: [Leica] Need help with V35
From: "Mitch Brown" <leicameter@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:08:47 +1300

I recently purchased a mint Leica V35 enlarger. This is the second V35 I
have owned. I notice that firstly this enlarger is named Leica instead of
Leitz so it must be a late model near the end of the production run.

However when I attempt to set up the autofocus for my easel I cannot detect
a click-stop (detent) after loosing the arresting screw and turning the
helical lens mount. This was very prominent and easy to detect on my old
Leitz V35 that I used to own. Consequently the autofocus function is not
working correctly. Does anyone know anything about this quirk on the Leica
V35? ie. have Leica done away with the click-stop on the helical lens mount?

I also notice that the lamp seems to get pretty hot and the ceramic
connecting piece to the lamp itself cannot be touched with my hand (too hot)
after only one minute of running. I do not recall my older Leitz V35 getting
this hot. How hot should this lamp area get? The top of the enlarger cover
gets reasonably warm after only one minute.