Subject: Re: [Leica] wk50/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:40:12 -0500

> Steve:
>
> re: http://www.streetphoto.net/paw50.html
>
> I like both shots, but I think the first is my favorite.   At first, I
> was put off a bit by all the backs facing the camera, and I would have
> liked to see the face of the guy talking to them a little better, but
> the whole image with the lawmen and their steeds is kinda wild-wild
> west in a way, like a posse getting ready to ride.

I agree somewhat. I think there may be, at times, an over emphasis on seeing
faces in street photography. In this picture I was hoping for people to see
the over all scene but with the police being dominant now in a place that
used to be pretty friendly and open to all.

> In urban settings, these bicycle cops do an amazing job.  I once saw a
> couple of bike cops chase down a purse snatcher on Canal Street in New
> Orleans. When one caught up to the running man, he just dived off the
> bike and truly "collared " the culprit.

Yes, in DC the police used to have a huge fleet of small, 250cc,
motorcycles, now those small motorcycles have been replaced by bicycles with
the big traditional Harleys still there for escort services.

> Regards,
> Sonny in Natchitoches
> http://www.sonc.com

regards,