Subject: RE: [Leica] Film scanner recommendations.
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:20:02 -0700

> Since we are on the subject of scanners the CanoScan FS4000 looks like
> a nice piece of gear. It's half the price of a Nikon4000

From all the accounts I have read, and from a colleague who has one, it is
about as good as the Nikon (especially using Vuescan), slightly better in
some areas, not quite as good in a couple of others.

If I had the spare cash, it's what I would go for right now (my current
Canon FS2710 has been a delight and was, again, less than half the price of
the equivalent Nikon). Also, no-one seems to know what's going to happen to
Polaroid support in their current financial dire straights.

Tim A