Subject: RE: [Leica] Completely OT: Help Sought
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 04:20:10 -0800

Spam is the electronic equivalent of junk mail.  An interesting statistic
turned up recently, one that would forebode poorly on our electronic
future...

90% of all US Mail is Junk mail.  That means that 10% of all us mail is mail
someone asked for.  Further, the USPS is complaining that as a result of the
Sept 11 terrorist activities, the ( junk) mail has dropped off considerably.
That drop off has meant lower  revenues for the post office, necessitating
the INCREASE of rates due to the fixed costs not being met..... We get rate
hikes because the ( junk)  mail is too much and they need to expand
facilities, and we get rate hikes because there is not enough mail and then
need to support unfulfilled fixed costs.

I wish I were a political activist, I would start a cause to make illegal
the different classifications of mail, such that the mail I wish to receive
the least ( junk mail) would have the same rate as first class mail.  You
can not run a company like the USPS runs the mail service.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net