Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: tragedy upon tragedy
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@ccapr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:01:45 -0500

This is really one of the more thoughtless, just plain stupid posts I've
read on the LUG in months if not years.

First, no one was saying that the loss of material items in any way
equates to, or should be considered comparable to, the loss of human
life.

Second, the photographer WAS protecting them by placing them in a bank
vault. Who could have possibly imagined that a jet plane fully loaded
with fuel would be flown into the World Trade Center, causing the
collapse of the building, and loss of the bank, the vault, and the
photos.

Third, whether one liked JFK, admires him, or, for that matter, detests
all things Kennedy, the negatives were a cultural/political treasure,
and their loss is our loss - particularly so for any American with even
a passing interest in photo journalism or documentary photography.

Again, what a just plain stupid post.

B. D. Colen