Subject: Re: [Leica] Low light and Leicaflex SL
From: "Dragi Anevski" <dragia@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:03:04

Hi Julian,
Thanks again for the advice. I will have to have the camera checked again, I
suspect you're right, probably the cell that's gone bad. In the mean time
I'm dragging along my Gossen... :-)

Just dried a roll of Pan F plus, comparing Summicron 50 on my M4-P with
Summicron 90 on my SL, both handheld 1/30th on 2.0, Rodinal 1+25, 6 minutes
at 20C. Portraits of my girlfriend. I put the negs in the Focomat, and
enlarged to about 40x60cm. The 50 is sharper, but it's also that the focus
on the 90 shots is slightly wrong, a bit behind or in front of the eyes.
Much easier to catch on the M4-P shots. But the 90 lens is good enough, just
have to learn to use it properly.

Bought SL+2.8/35+2.0/90 for equivalent of $300, serviced the 2.0/90 and body
for $180. Haven't decided yet whether I will keep this. It is so heavy if
you're used to an M...

Dragi