Subject: Re: [Leica] Parallex...?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:35:17 -0700

A very good question but not actually answered yet. Yes the viewfinder has a
mechanism which compensates for focused subject parallax but that is not the
whole of the issue. There is also the problem that, when you are focused
close, your subject/background relationship that you observe through the
viewfinder will be different from what will be on the film. When working in
close quarters I shift the camera up and to the left to put the lens where
my eye was. I am so used to this it is completely automatic now.

John Collier