Subject: RE: [Leica] On your belly for wildlife photography
From: "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:49:18 -0600

Doug,

I get muddy, trust me. Waterfowl are the only really interesting birds
around here. The Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge in Cameron Parish is a
fabulous site for shooting egrets, herons, and avocets. The major
problems there are (1) mosquitoes (enough to exsanguinate you in
minutes), and (2) geese. You'll get into a great position prepared to
shoot an American Avocet and a goose will come charging you and bite the
s___ out of you. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that
they nest there.