Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M3
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:04:30 -0500

Primarily, I continue to use the M3 because of the accurate focusing and
clean viewfinder.  I don't get as sharp a focus with the 75 or Noct with my
0.72 M6 as I do with the M3.  I learned photography with a Mamiya C22 and
Tri-X and the guess exposure method.  You will be surprised to learn how
quickly you can guess the exposure within one stop in normal lighting.  As
to making money then break out the spotmeter and decide exactly where zone
VIII and III will be.  With Leica's I don't worry about using them up, maybe
the grandchildren can finish wearing it out.

The counter example is to buy a 85TTL but I would rather put the money in
lenses: when I need TTL I use some Japanese SLR, again the money is already
spent and the results work for what I need.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Message from "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net> ([Leica] Leica M3)