Subject: Re: [Leica] Where's Joe?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:24:32 -0800

thomas schofield wrote:

> Isn't Schneider's name also on Samsung and Rollei P&S cameras?  Maybe Leica
> wants to avoid name association with them, or perhaps Samsung/Rollei have
> rights to the name and don't want to be associated with Leica!
>
> Tom Schofield

Well if the marketing research indicates that the Schneider name has
been sold to the highest bidder too many times my advice to them would
be to hire a new  marketing research firm.
The name "Zeiss" also appears on a slew of plastic point and shoots and
now so does Leica's name appear now on a Panasonic plastic digital grabber.
In all cases no one thinks the names over been devaluated and they are
glad these companies have been able to stay in business.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] Where's Joe?)