Subject: Re: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:03:38 +1300

BD wrote:
>And the Greenpeace "newspaper" is hardly a newspaper - it is a public
>relations organ that exists to promote Greenpeace.

I know it wasn't your intention, but this makes your argument sound a little
on the naïve side, I mean, we could never accuse an arm of the media being
responsible for spreading, retrenching (insert own personal qualifier here)
its own ideological paradigm could we?

Hope you're well,
Gary

There are, of course, those who would argue that it's unhealthy to read a
children's author past the age of, say, 24. Big people are supposed to
reserve their enthusiasm for real estate, business plans and zero-sum games
played by linguistically-impoverished men with hairy knuckles. This, in my
view, is real nonsense. A world in which it's uncool for grownups to care
passionately about books -- children's books, any books -- would be
infinitely scarier than a world with telepathic avocados or real estate
agents from outer space.

- ---Paul LaFarge on children's author Daniel Pinkwater

OO
[_]<|
 /|\
Gary Elshaw