Subject: Re: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:55:52 -0600

bdcolen@earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)12/22/011:40 PM

> The Greenpeace publication exists solely
> to push the Greenpeace agenda.

I don't think this is quite fair. If you read their publications
and their web publishing, you will find real news that few if any
other publications cover. If you're going to critique the value
or quality of their reporting it would be only fair to do so on a
case by case basis. I'm not disputing the fact that they have an
agenda, and that they cover news related to that agenda; but that
does not negate some good objective reporting on important issues
and events from time to time.

And they are not alone. A lot of good solid journalism,
investigatitive, writing and photography, is being done by
various NPOs out of necessity. The mainstream media is easily
fixated on the latest "hot" story and allows a lot of important
stories to go unnoticed.

George