Subject: Re: [Leica] re: frugal plug
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:25:45 -0600

on 12/22/01 10:57 PM, kyle cassidy at kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu wrote:

> in a world where one pays $600 for a 50mm lens there's not much sympathy for
> getting frugal. you spend a thousand bucks on the camera, which is just
> wasted money if you're not shooting film with it ... film is the cheap part
> of this equation....

I wasn't asking for sympathy or how to conserve film usage. Film IS the
cheap part, processing is not.

>   sell your leica, buy a pentax k-1000 and five years worth of film and
> processing.... just tell everybody you took your photos with a leica.

That's the best advice so far...but I prefer the ME Super...

JS

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] re: frugal plug)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] re: frugal plug)