Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 48-51 MEB
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:13:29 +0100

Hi Michael,

> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk48.html
> Portland Photo Market

A nice environmental portrait and a good use of the wide angle lens. I
would have liked it better if the man's face were more visible.

> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk49.html
> Grumpy Bunch at Ricky's Diner

A priceless expression, but here I think a longer lens would have been
better--I find the vast foreground uninteresting. Actually, you should
probably just crop closer.

> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk50.html
> Book shopping

A good one, again you really composed well with the wide angle. Clearly a
grab shot, as evidenced by some softness in the woman's face, but a really
good grab shot.

> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk51.html
> Santa's Lap (Yes, Cliche but almost a Parental Duty.)

BARF!!! Seriously though, you need to get in closer on this one. The
interesting element in this kind of shot is the child's face, and here it
is just too far away.

And I miss your haikus...

Nathan
- --