Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Purchase Decisions
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 02:49:46 +0000

For a camera to be covered by the passport warranty it has to be imported
through LEICA USA, and will have a sticker on the box indicating so.  His
explanation does not sound quite right.  I would ask for more info.

As to the manufacture date, yes early ones had more troubles than later.
The newest ones are now marked MADE IN PORTUGAL, and if this one is so
marked I think you can be assured it is quite new.  There have been quite a
few changes/upgrades to the R8 in its life span, including LCD changes,
electronics upgrades etc.

In any case you won't be sorry you bought an R8. I have been a convert for
some time now.  It's just the nicest SLR I've ever used.

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI