Subject: [Leica] Re: Wildlife photography with an RF
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:10:27 -0800

Yes, indeed, one does have an advantage in Banff.   I was walking along and
this whole flock just came down the hillside right beside me.  The ewe was
a little wary of me at first (probably because she had her little lamb with
her).  But once she decided I was OK, they came right past me.

I have other pictures of bighorn sheep, including a ram with more
impressive horns, sunning himself next to a parking lot!  But this one has
eye contact and a sense of relating to the viewer, so it's my favorite.

And indeed, the Leica's quiet shutter is an advantage.  I have seen Banff
wildlife spooked by  the clatter of a Japanese tourist's do-everything
wunderbrick ("Zzzzt, zzzzzaaat, ke-dick GE-THWAAAAP..ker CHUNK,
Gazzzzzzzzzzzzt!")

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

>On Sun, 23 December 2001, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > Very nice, Peter. The beast looks quite friendly, actually, more curious
> > than afraid or hostile. Must be the quiet shutter of the IIIf....

Doug Herr weighed in: