Subject: Re: [Leica] Not really OT: Push & pull of neg film
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:33:16 -0600

on 12/27/01 8:51 AM, Jeffery Smith at jsmith45@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I'll chime in too. I had problems with the harshness of Ilford XP2 until I
> shot it Christmas Eve rated at 200. The film is much smoother (for me) at
> E.I. 200. Below is a link to an image of the Reverend and his wife, shot
> wide open (f/1.2) with XP2 at 200 and developed normally. It is a bit soft,
> but that is probably due to it being wide, wide open.
>
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Revpark.html

Looks good, but would a stop lower have been worse (I hate to judge from a
internet post)? It be nice too see two shots of the same thing shot normal
and one overexposed as many seem to be shooting. I will have to try it
out...

And soft on the web or soft on the neg..? Did you unsharp mask at all?
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com