Subject: [Leica] New Tri Elmar and Konica RF compatibility
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:09:36 +0800

This Christmas, with the help of Dr. Yao, Santa brought me a Tri Elmar
which I have mated with my Konica RF. This is a delightful combination for
street and people photography with the Konica's aperture preferred
programming taking care of exposures, and the ability to move between 28,
35, and 50 angles of view bringing fresh, fast agility to changing views.
The motor drive also speeds up working. The maximum F4.0 stop does limit
low light work, but then sometimes you can't have everything! For low light
work I have been using flash - the Leica SF20 on automatic using either
F5.6 or F11 and these apertures have provided me lots of depth of field for
the people group shots I like to take. Two note-worthy points, my Tri Elmar
brings up the frame lines on the Konica flawlessly, and I have not been
able to detect any focussing problems at all. Throwing my 90mm Elmarit into
my smallest camera bag, together with the Tri Elmar, the SF 20 flash and
the Konica, produces a very compact travelling kit and is making me very happy.
Thank you Santa!
Howard.