Subject: Re: [Leica] New Tri Elmar
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:13:54 -0500

Have recently received my first few rolls of Supra 400 back, almost entirely
taken with my new Trielmar and M6, .85.  Most were taken at f8or f11, some
with flash, most outside on the golf course, others behind the house in
obviously bright light.  Almost all of people, a few landscapes. Results
very satisfactory...extremely sharp and contrasty as we have grown to expect
with Leica glass.  In a few comparison images taken over a lake behind the
house I can see little to no difference to those taken with the new 28mm at
similar aperture.  Of course, the images were not enlarged ( standard photo
finishing ), and I was guessing with the framing when using the 28 setting
on the EEE.  Frame lines otherwise come up quickly, lens snaps into place at
the appropriate focal length without problems.  So far, so good.  Nice to
have the convenience of three focal lengths.  One small inconvenience,
however, is the lack of cover to fit over the shade ( decided to get the
shade after all ).  Have thought it prudent to remove the shade and attach
the lens cover when storing the lens in my small Domke, but will almost
certainly store the lens with shade and shade cap when the latter arrives.
For low light I will take the 35/1.4.  When traveling might well add the 21
Asph. Can understand those who report that they have not taken the EEE lens
off very often.

JMHO, and an amateur at that!

Elliot