Subject: [Leica] Turning 21
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:57:02 -0800

I just picked up a 21 Asph m at CameraWorld. Plenty of places to park in
downtown Portland Oregon surprisingly enough.
I also got a Leica Motor M.
They didn't have a finders for the 21 so I'm temporarily using my 24
finder and ignoring the framelines but I'm not fond of this.

The motor is pretty spunky, not a quiet as I'd hoped. NO quieter than my
Leica Winder M discontinued in July i think.
But a heck of a lot smaller as in SMALL. And the built in grip is nice.

I'm still very fond of my Rapidwinder I feel very secure knowing it will
last a lifetime and I'll never have trouble getting batteries for it as
long as my thumb holds out. Learn to fix it myself with it's ten moving
parts if it ever breaks.
It is quieter in use but you do have to move your hand a bit when
shooing. But much less so then when using the regular thumb advance.
An awesome and cool tool that Rapidwinder.

So now I've got a compete Leica system, it's taken my most of a decade.
I've got most of focal lengths from 21 to 135. No 75 or 28.
I'm feeling very enabled. Like i can shoot the hell out of anything!
If anyone needs a shot in some very tight places. I'm your guy!

Oh so all these people are changing the same for a Leica 21 finder as
the variable 21, 28, 24 finder. $349 US.
So I'm going to go with Glazers in Seattle and get it on Wednesday. What
a pain!! Big and Chrome. But i like the wheel to twist it down so it
doesn't get lost.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com