Subject: RE: [Leica] O Series
From: "Gerd Heuser" <dr.heuser@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:31:57 +0100

I was lucky enough to be able to do that in a glance!
I'm a friend of Rolf Crema, one of the constructors of the 0.
According to him the  0 was modelled on original # 119 and only a few things
have been altered:
- - The body is 2,5mm taller in height to fit todays film cartridges
- - some in those days soldered parts are now milled due to improved
manufacturing techniques
- - all engraving is identical except the expensive bismuth inlay
- - the lens though unchanged on principal was recomputed and coated

except that every screw, nut and bolt, lever and sprocket is a facsimile!

Gerd Heuser