Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri-Elmar - a new thread (for a change)
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:37:26 -0600

I've been pondering the Tri-Elmar for a week or two, and I just cannot bear
the thought of an f/4 maximum aperture. I also went through the "to zoom or
not to zoom" back in the early 1970's, and vowed not to buy a zoom lens as a
means of covering 3 or 4 focal lengths. Your reply reminded me of that. I
did buy a W.A. -> short tele Komuranon zoom in the mid-70's when Popular or
Modern Photography indicated that it is as good optically as the best
primes. But it was heavy and bulky, so I almost never took it with me.

I am in a mode now where I prefer to go out shooting with only one lens and
body because I hate fiddling around with changing lenses (and I nearly left
a lens sitting on a park bench at the zoo).

Thanks for the reality check, Mark.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA