Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: #190 A Flat Panel iMac
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:16:09 -0600

>The NECs that we use are 17 or 18" and are about 2 years old.  We have
it
>set up on a dual monitor system so there is plenty of real-estate for
the
>video editing application that we run.  They are nice and sharp with
good
>color and a complete lack of glare which makes them really nice.  I
confess
>we don't use them for critical monitoring since we have a broadcast
type CRT
>display for the final output.  We bought some Viewsonic 18" displays
because
>they had video inputs.  We were really disappointed with the picture
quality
>when fed with straight video.  As computer monitors they are fine.

>Be aware that the flat displays have a particular resolution where they
work
>best.  I think it is 1280x1024 for the 18" but I may be wrong.  I'm off
from
>work this week so I can't check.

>Hope this helps.

>Mike D

Thanks Mike,

This helps quite a bit. Let me know what you find out about "best
resolution" when you get back to work. This is a pretty big expense
since I'll probably opt for 20" or bigger, so all info would be greatly
appreciated. Since your monitors are 2 years old have you noticed any
pixel burn out? Or is that only on Nikon Digitals? :-)

Thank you,
Sam Krneta

Replies: Reply from Charles Everitt <leicauser@mailbreak.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: #190 A Flat Panel iMac)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: #190 A Flat Panel iMac)