Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's final PAW of 2001
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:35:00 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote & showed:
>>The main image is my father, currently visiting me for
> the holidays, looking at the window of a shop selling model trains. He
> has had a tough year, will be 78 in February and aside from me and my
> children there is not much joy in his life following my mother's death
> in April. That is why I jumped at a chance to photograph him when he was
> admiring the intricate model trains and expressing almost boylike
> wonder:               > http://www.wajsman.com/52.jpg<<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
As usual a fine picture of your dad and your always excellent use of a wide
aperture for separation of subject from background. The alternates are
interesting because the two picture combination giving us the story aspect.

Well done, mon ami.  A good "30" for the 2001 PAW year! :-)

I wish you a fine New Year of PAW pictures, keep 'em coming, as it's heart
warming to watch someone improve during the course of the year. For many of
the LUG crew the one thing PAW can do is help them improve their ability as
photographers, to learn to "see the light" and make better use of it because
of the comments and critiques.   Be that good, bad or ugly.

And for members who might think I'm immune from criticism be aware that when
your a professional you face far tougher comments than anything seen here on
the screen. And when you get shot down, it can be extremely devastating
because .......... "it's your livelihood at risk and not just your
feelings!"

I know how debilitating a negative comment can be about a picture one feels
in their heart that it's a smashing great image only to have it shot down.
But that goes with the territory and the PAW can be a tough master at times,
but by the same token when the photo is right on the mark it's a great
feeling to receive the accolades.

So to all PAW folks, new and old, I wish you a New Year of great effort and
solid photographs! We all learn from your efforts so please keep'em coming!
:-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant