Subject: Re: [Leica] interacting with strangers -- a very important element of photography
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 09:12:29 -0500

To second Kyle's example, here in Atlanta we have a large number of bold
panhandlers.  Even if you don't look prosperous they will walk up to you,
start a conversation, then get to the point: can you spare a couple of
bucks.

My point is if it is possible to strike up a conversation and ask for money,
it is child's play to ask to take a picture.  If asked why I just tell the
truth, I'm recording ordinary people and their lives because the "press"
doesn't.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] interacting with strangers -- a very important element of photography)