Subject: Re: [Leica] Breaking the rules.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 12:00:43 -0800

Charles Everitt wrote:

> At 09:29 AM Tuesday, 1/1/2002, Mike D wrote:
> >"Weegee's New York" has most of the
> >photos and the reproductions are excellent.
>
> I have a 1945 (I assume first) edition of "Naked City" and the
> reproductions are terrible.  But that seems to fit the nature of Weegee's work.
>
> Charley
> everitt@mscd.edu

Weegee had a show at the Portland Art Museum a year or so ago and his
print quality was not so consistently great.
Did he print them in the back of his station wagon in a dark alley?!
Probably not they were 11x14's! I loved the show none the less.
So much information to be extracted from a 4x5 neg and so much lea way
in exposure and development!
Blast em!!!
Some day I'll get a flashbulb thing and an M4 or M3.
Blast the little buggers into Nuclear oblivion!!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Charles Everitt <leicauser@mailbreak.com> (Re: [Leica] Breaking the rules.)