Subject: [Leica] feb shutterbug
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 06:48:41 -0500 (EST)

got my feb shutterbug yesterday.  3 articles may be of interest:

1. bob shell article on some of his miscellaneous gadgets
2. fuji acros review, versus delta 100 and TMX
3. ralph gibson interview, where he as usual waxes eloquent on leica m:

   I have spent 40 years working with the Leica rangefinder.  The rangefinder
   enables one to see what's _outside_ of the frame as well as what's _inside_
   of the frame.  You make a decision predicated on the presence and/or the
   absence of the various aspects of the subject.  With a reflex, the camera
   determines what is seen, and half the time it's out of focus.  One could
   follow a reflex around the world and focus it from time to time until it
   came across a picture.  With a rangefinder you see something, you make the
   exposure and you continue to look at what you're seeing.  The rangefinder
   is ideally matched to the perceptive act, the personal act of perception.
   I only use a reflex for extreme close-ups.

                              - Ralph Gibson, Shutterbug Interview, Feb 2002

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] feb shutterbug)