Subject: Re:RE: [Leica] Bokeh is nonsense!!!
From: "Garry D. Lewis" <glewis@ftw.nrcs.usda.gov>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 08:04:22 -0600

>Really, Gary, my comment was entirely on the mark with respect to what I was
>responding to (which you clipped).  Yours is just really off base.

>Er, that's exactly what I did discuss...I even provided an example of MY
>work to support why I use it.  Seems to me you really haven't read what I've
>written...
>But you just said above, and I quote "...for...me...it doesn't exist..."...

>                       yours waiting to be convinced,

>I have no interest in "convincing" you of much of anything (except that you
>don't read what I write), I'll leave that to some more "existing" and
>"viable" people in the group ;-)
>Austin

well I gave you a chance, through continuing dialogue and reposting of
examples, to educate me as to the "viability", "existence", and
usefulness of worrying myself with OOF issues and techniques - also
known as Bokeh (not including DOF- which I do recognize)- which
doesn't "exist" in my modis operandi. Of showing and/or instructing me
in the supression/control of this optical effect (other than
continually buying different lenses) . That fuzzyology has a
"quantitative measurement" in this art other than "I think it bad in
this lens". That the shape of blobs have any aesthetic weight in the
evaluation of the merits of a photograph.
Sorry I dared to breech the subject with my "viable" doubts and
"feebleminded" ideas. Sorry I only quoted those postings which I had
problems with instead of your entire dissertation. I guest I'll just
have to take my leave of the soapbox.

			your Bokeh'n hearted,

				GaRRy D. Lewis

- - --
P.S.
>...kind of like believing in
>UFOs...of course UFOs exist...by definition, they exist)
Have you ever noticed that UFO photos all have great Bokeh?