Subject: Re: [Leica] an opinion about bad negs orig BR
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:01:44 -0500

Brian, looking at your scan it looks like several grains at a time were
inactivated.  In your area do you have dissolved minerals in the water?  If
you were using tap water even if filtered then I would suspect minerals
especially if your water is from wells.

Assuming distilled water then I would suspect a defect in the film.  I'm
sorry that you disposed of the suspect items as another roll from the same
batch of film processed elsewhere would nail down this theory.

As an aside to reduce spotting on 3600 dpi scans I have taken to filtering
everything going into a developing tank just prior to pouring it into the
tank.  It has reduced the amount of cloning at my household.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com