Subject: Re: [Leica] 75M or 90M 2.0
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:19:40 -0500

Either lens will do the trick.  If you prefer a razor thin in focus portrait
that is not tack sharp but is merely sharp then the 75 is for you.  On the
other hand, if only a narrow in focus band is fine but you prefer to shave
with sharpness then the 90 AA is for you.

Other considerations would be whether you need a really fast lens which
would tilt the discussion toward the 75.  On the other hand if you have a 50
Summilux then the 90 would be a better choice.  I find the 35 lux and 75 lux
to be a very nice small outfit especially if the light is low.

The last consideration in the matrix is whether space/weight is a
consideration, the 75 is about twice the size of the 90 and weighs enough
more to notice.

So, take the test.

I need more speed = 75 lux
I need more reach = 90 AA
I understand Bokeh = 75 lux
I backpack = 90AA
I almost never shoot less than F2.0 = 90AA
I really have problems with the framelines in my M = 90AA
My style frequently uses a narrow band of sharp with large areas of OOF = 75
lux

Hope this helps you spend the $1500 or so dollars.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com