Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: 90mm M Lens
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 21:03:48 -0800

Yours is the "fat" version , but I'll leave the relative merits to someone
else.

You can tell by the knurled focusing ring (the thin one has a ring with
evenly spaced ridges. The fat one has a "scalloped" focusing ring whose
indentations alternate with flat unindented regions).

You can also tell by the serial number. The thin TE came out in 1974 and has
a serial number above 2663400. Yours (like mine) was made in 1965-1966.