Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Jobo CPE-2...
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:55:13 -0600

on 1/4/02 5:23 PM, John Hicks at jhicks31@bellsouth.net wrote:

> At 01:00 PM 1/4/02 -0600, you wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the heads up on the limits of the CPE-2. So tell me why they list
>> the capacity @ 5 rolls of 35mm when that is not possible???
>
> The limit isn't how many rolls will fit into the tank, it's how much film
> can be developed given a certain amount of developer. While you could
> develop five rolls in, say, straight D-76, the developer may not be strong
> enough to develop the same five rolls in D-76 1:1.

Yeah, I thought about it and reposted right after this first post asking if
this was so...no one seemed to get that one? So it'll work fine for any full
strength dillousion. So seeing as this is the case with XTOL in general,
when dilluted, does that mean that Mark and the others are only developing
2-3 rolls in their 1 liter tanks to keep the 100ml of dev minimum per
roll...???
- --
John
Chicago, IL