Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Summarit 5cm 1.5 139xxxx M mount
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 01:15:55 -0400

Ted:

I have a Summarit, but have not used it for any of the stuff you
described.  I tried a summar for that type of stuff and concluded it was
better just to use a modern lens and use a Tiffen Softar filter.

  In B&W it may be a different thing.  I had a skinny 90mm Tele-Elmarit
that was not that great with slide film, but had beautiful results in
B&W.  I saw a B&W picture of Clarke Gable backstage during the Academy
Awards using the Summarit.  It was pretty impressive.

Regards,

Robert