Subject: RE: [Leica] feb shutterbug
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:33:02 +0100

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:09:39 -0700
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
> Trouble is that it does not influence me to buy a Chevy or a Leica.
> Interestingly Robert Dosineau used several different brands of cameras
> throughout his 50 year career, and never endorsed any of them. Even more
> interesting, looking at his pictures I can not tell the difference between
> any brand. So are endorsements just hype? Probably.

Oh - the guy who was "economical with the truth" (as Mrs. Thatcher's
sidekick said) about his kiss photograph... hmmm

tim a

Surely he just had "no recollection"?

Actually I suspect that many of the great "candid" street photos are setups.
It's normal to direct people to do things when you're photographing them.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile (Italy) 348 336 7990