Subject: Re: [Leica] Daddy Please Put the lens cap on! XTOL results
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:48:09 -0400

At 10:52 PM 1/5/2002 -0600, John Straus wrote:
>Well I hate to judge things off of the net but the 90 & Nocti seem to have
>the best contrast, the 75 seems kind of flat. And users thoughts on what we
>see here? Can a contrast judgement be made from these? I'm interested
>because a 75 or 90 will most likely be my next focal length...

John:

The 75mm was used wide open.  The contrast is still pretty high
though.  Stopped down to F2 and it would probably be the match of the
90mm..  The Noctilux was stopped down one stop and is pretty contrasty
too.  The new 90mm Tele-Elmarit is the best thing short of the new 90mm
APO.  You will probably tend to use the Summilux more though, as even F2
isn't very fast to hand hold a 90mm in low light.

Regards,

Robert