Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS Picture a Week #2 and Gallery-A-Day
From: Dave Jenkins <djphoto@vol.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:11:30 -0500

Don Dory wrote:

. . .there is a 100 mile long maybe 200 mile long flea market/garage
sale through N. Georgia and Tennessee for one week end in July. The
yards look very much like this project.

What Don is referring to is the "400-Mile Yard Sale, which is held in
August, not July, each year. It starts in northern Kentucky, across the
Ohio River from Cincinnati, and follows U.S. 127 through Kentucky and
Tennessee to its terminus in Chattanooga. The sale then follows the
Lookout Mountain Parkway through North Georgia into Alabama and
terminates at Gadsden. It is a remarkable spectacle and I have lots of
pix, many of them made with my Leica M3 (on topic!). Unfortunately, I am
scanner-challenged.

Dave Jenkins